My Blogger friend Arianne over at inspiredtostyle.com has nominated me for the Liebster Award! What is it you ask? Well basically it's a way for fellow bloggers and readers to get to know a little more about the people that write the blogs they love to read . I met Arianne at the Design Bloggers Conference 2014. I had been reading her blog for quite some time and it was so nice to put a face to the blog. Arianne is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet and her blog is one of my favorites. She speaks of her love for design,the process of building her dream home, things that inspire her and beautiful house tours. O.K. so back to the award . A first for me , I am so touched to have been nominated. As a nominee I am asked to answer 11 questions (from my nominator) and then create 11 of my own questions for the 11 I nominate. So let's get to it!
1. What do you love most about blogging? I would have to say the ability for me to share with my readers all the things that inspire me and to get information out there that could possibly be of use to them. I love when I find some great thing thru a fellow blogger or I've discovered something that I can share with others, whether it's a simple great find that allows you to create a look for less or a project that I've worked on that inspires you.
2. Which of your previously written blog posts has been your favorite and why? I actually have two. The first would be the bathroom redo I did thru an e design. When I first received the pictures of the space: O my! and then to see the transformation of the space and to hear the joy from my friend when it was finished, there's nothing like it. the second would be the easy peasy book ends that came out of needing "just a little something extra " to the bookcases and using what was already there, hence bookends from books.
3. What’s been the biggest surprise in your blogging career? That would have to be all the people I've met thru blogging and our similar interest. It's a big world out there and so many talented people . I just love it.
4. What advice would you give to up-and-coming bloggers? Blog about what you're passionate about and just be yourself.
5. What is the one thing you HAVE to have in your purse? My card. With that everything else is attainable.
6. What’s your favorite dessert? cheesecake, any kind.
7. What’s your favorite travel destination? I was international flight attendant for a VERY long time, with that said I have been all over this world and enjoyed every bit of it, one of my favorite places was Rome,Italy, the food there is ridiculously good! But I would have to say that my best destinations are any place where I can be by the Ocean. My husband and our best friends took a trip to Antiqua not long ago , where we stayed at the Rosewood Resort (Jumby Bay) all I can say is it did not disappoint .
8. Where do you love to shop for decor? Because I run an Interior Design business now, I tend to shop for my clients through my vendors, but for everyday shopping so to speak, I frequent Scotts Market http://www.scottantiquemarket.com which opens the 2nd weekend of every month, when I'm on the hunt,Homegoods and who can resist www.ballarddesigns.com
9. When did you know interior design was your passion? When I was younger lets say high school I was always painting / wallpapering my bedroom and rearranging the furniture in the house. I didn't realize it then though. It wasn't until I got to college as a fashion design & merchandising major that I realized all the electives I was choosing were in interior design . The History of Furniture, Color Theory , Principles of Design and Decoration, Drafting. you get the picture. After college it was put on hold ,(as careers sometimes are) as I pursued flying. (Who doesn't want to see the world right?) But even while flying I was helping my F/A friends decorate there homes (for free I might add) it was the talk of the jumpseat. I could never tear my self away from it.All I thought about,dreamed about , sketched about was interiors. It was then that I realized it was my passion..
10. Who are your biggest design inspirations? I love so many different design asethetics . With that said I would say in the beginning, early on:Charles Faudree and Betty Lou Phillips. I now am loving Candice Olsen, Suzanne Kasler and Phoebe Howard. I am a traditionalist at heart but love mixing in a little unexpected contemporary. I love Traditional Home Magazine, House and Home (Canada),Veranda, and who can go a day without Pinterest!
11. What is the one book you would recommend everyone read?The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and the Bible. Neither have anything to do with design but both have had a tremendous impact on my life.
That was fun! Hope you enjoyed getting to know a few personal things about me. Please take a minute to go visit my nominees!
Stylish Spaces Designed for Living Well known designer Rhonda Peterson, speaks on the things that make life Amazing, whether it be design,inspiration or words of encouragement. Confetti Style Follow Shelly as she takes us through an adventure of all things fashion,interior design and now and her Etsy store. Design Indulgence Interior Designer, Sherry Hart , has a passion for textiles and design and shows us what inspires her. Blu Label Bungalow Multi talented Erika Ward, Founder of Room Service Atlanta ,shares her love for style and a life well designed. The Yellow Cape Cod Sarah, a professional stylist from Detroit,blogs about "design for real people" and great DIY projects. My Design Dump Autumn, is awesome, her blogs the dumps the dish on what inspires her, current trends,and affordable finds. Dwell by Cheryl Here is where Cheryl chronicles her decorating idea for a space to dwell. Amanda Carol Interiors Amanda interviews other designers and showcases her own well appointed design projects. Iron and Twine DIY diva! she's all about making old things new again. Lori May Interiors You may remember Lori May from HGTV'S Design Wars. Her blog is where she talks about her work and the things that inspire her. Marcus Design If you love interiors, you'll love Nancy's great eye for design.
Ok. Here's my 11 questions:
1. How do you balance life and blogging?
2. What's your favorite thing to when you're not blogging?
3. Roadtrip or airplane?
5. What inspires you?
6.Favorite Paint Color and why?
7.What do you like most about blogging?
8.Spa or hiking?
9.What are your best places to shop?
10.What's your favorite fun thing to do?
11. If you could have any 1 new thing right now,what would it be?
Nominees: Be sure to tag each of the bloggers you nominate as well as me in your post. Go to each of their blogs and leave a comment that you have nominated them.