New and Improved Bathroom/ Virtual Design

When  my friend asked me to redo her parents guest bathroom on a VERY tight budget, I of course jumped at the chance., After all it hadn't been touched since the 70's! Quite the challenge given  it measured only 8 feet in length from the tub to the door and was only a tiny bit over 6ft wide. I immediately had her take more measurements and pictures so I'd know "what I was working with". She lives out of town so we would be doing this all thru emails, and I chats. She informed me that the bathroom would be getting very little traffic but that it was in serious need of updating, I couldn't have agreed more.  Here's a few before shots:
 Mirrored walls, peeling wall paper

 So I sent her this inspiration board, along with samples of flooring, tile, hardware, light fixtures,cabinet selection, paint colors etc...
 We began "working it out". She removed the old tile,wallpaper and a few other things. (I call her Ms. Deconstruct, because she loves demo ).
The wall next to the vanity cabinet which was serving no purpose was removed and by doing so freed up 15 inches of space. (every inch counts ).


wall removed and the start  of  some new drywall.  
pocket door installation
The regular door was  replaced for a pocket door, and much needed ceiling lights were added ( small recessed lights  were used due to the low ceilings).  Remember the before shots, Well here's where we ended up.


We used a 5x8 tile for the shower along with a light grey grout,new flooring, cabinets, lighting, paint etc..
We still need to add these ring pulls to the cabinet to replace the crystal ones, along with some art work, but  she absolutely loves how it turned out.





Love these
 Remember to live life beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment